Monday, April 14, 2014

Punk Head Blog Post

The original band member was a bird which played the shaker. I would like to believe the character possibly sings backup as well. Inspired by the bird, I tried to provide it with some human qualities during the design phase. I embellished the eyebrows and gave the bird some ears. Additionally, couldn't find a way to feasibly make a beak so my design has pronounced lips instead. I believe my design is successful and constructed well. The air access holes are discretely disguised as ear holes and the hair has nice texture. There is good paint coverage and an even covering of clear glaze. Due to a shortage of white underglaze, I decided to coat the teeth with a white glaze which provides a little more depth to the color. Overall I would conclude that this project was a success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment